Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gingerbread Ornaments - Great Ideas!!

We just got through a blistering 3 days of hot and humid weather. For those of you that live with hot and humid on a regular basis...God Bless You! Here in the northeast...we do a lot of whining with that kind of weather. We love hot...we hate humid. That said, I wanted to show you what I do to keep cool... working on all these little gingerbread guys! Yeah...'cuz stuffing in 90+ degree weather somehow seemed like a plan to me.

These little guys are approx. 8" high. The pile is a bunch of gingerbread ornaments. All of them have been aged with Design Master glossy wood tone. This stuff is terrific for aging felt projects. We use it to give our wool felt projects depth. (note to self...put the glossy wood tone on the website) Now I have to 'ice' them up, add the details and they will be ready to go! Fortunately the weather is wonderfully warm and dry today. The paint will dry nicely. I do love New England!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I collect hand made ginger breads. These are totally cute! I'm going to check out your website now that I've "met" you through etsy. =)